Monday, June 8, 2009

My Sister In Law's Birthday

My sister in law turned... a year older... on Saturday. Her husband threw her a surprise birthday party. I volunteered to make the cake. This is what I came up with (after a lot of suggestions from my husband and kids).
I started with flowers. I made 600 of these-exactly! And it took me MANY hours to do so. But they came out nice and the finished product was worth it.... I made three different cakes... chocolate filled with vanilla, vanilla filled with chocolate, and vanilla with vanilla. I put the cakes on my garden stand. This is the top cake.

The completed cake. I was proud of how it came out, and it tasted good too!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I had no idea you were a cake decorator. Maybe we should start a ward bakery shop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cake! I have made those flowers and they're not fun. You have a lot of patience to do 600.

    ReplyDelete