Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sunflower Cupcakes

My daughter turned six today and of course I wanted to take cupcakes into her class. A friend of mine let me use her "Hello Cupcake" book to get some ideas. There were many that my daughter liked and I set out (very last minuite) to find all that I needed. I have to say I was a little exasperated at how difficult it was to find some things and at how many stores I would need to go to to do some of the designs (not to mention the money I would need to spend). In the end I used the sunflower idea because the only things I needed to buy were M&Ms and mini Oreos ( I happened to have the rest). There were fun to make but a bit time consuming. I was up until 1am to finish them. In the end it was worth it. They were a big hit. The ladybug is my favorite part. I know Sarah loved them and that is all that matters. Even with the hastle I still love the book and would love to get my hands on the new one "What's New Cupcake."










1 comment:

  1. These are so fun! I love the sunflowers and as soon as Emmy saw them she said "I wish we could make those too!" I agree about all the stuff you need to make some of them!!! That was part of the reason we did the snowmen (we had almost everything!). Great job! Can't wait to see more cakes soon!

    ReplyDelete